Collard Greens & Broth
- Instapot, Stock pot, or Crock pot
- 4 cups fresh organic collard greens
- Broth or water to cover
- 4 cloves garlic - sliced
- 1 yellow onion diced
- Mineral Salt (Redmons Real)
- 1-2 TBS Raw Apple Cider Vinegar
- Hot sauce (optional)
- Ham hock or bacon grease (optional)
- 2 drops of Celery (or lime) vitality essential oil
- 1 drop Black Pepper essential oil
- Combine all in pot and set on low.
- Simmer for minimum 6 hrs (longer for softer greens)
- If using IP set on high pressure for 30-60 minutes for desired softness and slowly off gas over 20minutes.
Tips & Alternatives:
This broth is so nutritious. After removing collard greens keep handy to drink or create a soup base!
If drinking add a little Redmond Real salt and warm it up.
Broth and collards freeze well.
- Support Liver Health
- Support gut health and regularity (can settle stomach when sick)
- Supports healthy immunity with antiviral and bacterial properties
- Provides necessary minerals and vitamins (As, Bs, Cs, Folate, K, plus iron, copper, selenium, zinc).