Do you ever feel like someone blew your belly up with an air pump?
Do you wonder why sometimes your belly seems a little larger, a little bloated?
Our gastrointestinal system includes the hollow organs from our mouth to our anus plus gallbladder, liver, and pancreas. They work in conjunction to provide the ability to ingest, digest, and excrete. Digestion includes enzymatic break down of foods and absorption of nutrients and elimination of non-nutrient foods and drinks.
American diets often lack trace minerals, nutrients, and enzymes needed for healthy digestion.
This lack can be linked to poor soil quality, pesticides, food processing and additives, and inherent modifications of foods (GMOs). Each of these components are imperative for proper and complete digestive function. So if you want to eat, retrieve nutritional benefits, eliminate waste, and not experience bloating, diarrhea, constipation, and inflammation these are the issues that need to be addressed and supported. This is why our gut protocol and wellness box include digestive enzymes and probiotics.
Discovering that I had a gluten intolerance in adulthood was life changing. If only I had discovered it by teenage years I could have saved years of anxiety, depression, bowel disturbances, social issues, and focus problems. That being said I am every so thankful that both myself and my parents are now medication free and free from these disturbances!!! SO WORTH IT! Just knowing I have reduced my risk of fibromyalgia, cancer, and long term inflammation is worth it all.
I tell you this to let you know that I have done the research because it has had a dramatic impact on my life. Even if you don't have a gluten intolerance (or don't think you do) the foundations of a healthy gut are the same. I LOVE talking about gut health and brain health and the connection.
Ways to support your GI system:
*Hint: You may notice some of these overlap. This is great news. It means that many habits support multiple or all systems!! Focus on those first!
- Exercise regularly to improve peristalsis and blood flow. This can be as simple as 15 minutes of core work out a day (see our exercises of the month), brisk walk or stair climbs, or as intense a work out as you want. If you can squeeze a work out in by walking, running, or riding to work or school DO IT!
- Drink a lot of water: MINIMUM 1/2 ounce of water for every pound of body weight. Add water for any alcohol, caffeine, or work outs. THIS IS VITAL for proper cellular function and therefore metabolism. Recently I had a client that was afraid to drink that much water and end up bloated. When I explained how the water helps you eliminate metabolic waste she GOT IT! DRINK DRINK DRINK! I like to add a good vitality Citrus or spearmint essential oil to mine. For added endocrine support I add a scoop of Aminowise by Young Living. See our social media stories for more on this. Lemon or Orange vitality essential oils have been shown to have incredible effects on pH of the gut, metabolism, and risk reduction of incidences of diseases such as GI cancer.
- Aminowise (aminoacids, minerals, electrolytes, antioxidants, trace minerals, and more) 1 scoop daily in water.
- Life 9 or MightyPro probiotics several times a week to establish and maintain a healthy gut biome. The good bacteria help eat up the bad bacteria and digest what shouldn't be there.
- Consume fermented foods. You all know I love my box from Olive my Pickle to keep us healthy. Their products are fermented which help establish a healthy pH in your gut for proper metabolism as well as contribute to a healthy biome! So eat a pickle a day! This is the easy button for the kids. Use SPOILED10 for 10% off your first order.
- Essentialzymes. Digestive enzymes can make a tremendous difference in your ability to break down the foods, leading to less bloating and more regular bowel movements. I am never without my essentialezymes-4 by Young Living. As a person with severe gluten intolerance this has been life changing for me!
- Eat Whole Foods and eliminate processed foods. As much as possible remove inflammatory foods such as GMO grains and most processed dairy. The more you work to eliminate these, the greater your reward will be.
- Reduce SUGAR to less than 50g/day for adults and 25g/ for kiddos and eliminate the white sugar from your home. We use honey or Agave almost exclusively. Raw sugar when needed. Sugar is pro inflammatory !!!! This will disrupt the guts ability to do its job and impact the nervous system and focus negatively.
- Botannical support:
- Aromaease is an amazing blend of plants designed to support digest and function like ginger and spearmint! Rub over your belly as needed, add a drop in a hot tea, or place a drop under your tongue for digestive support or relief of common bloating.
- DUMP THE DISRUPTORS: Sugar, Dairy, Gluten are the common inflammatory factors. See the hub for the WHY behind these.
- REST & DIGEST: Remember that? Eat slow or try intermittant fasting and take your enzymes and eat late in the day. BUT give your gut time to rest, digest, nourish and eliminate waste. See our stress management techniques in the spa or the library.
- Gut Protocol: Did you know leaky gut (inflammation of the gut often caused by food or drink) can cause antibodies to be produced that can attack areas of your endocrine system like your thyroid? See my wellness box page for gut and gut protocol in the library!
*This protocol WILL support the entire GI system I spoke of earlier. Remember when I mentioned the gallbladder and liver? Following this protocol to a tea will also improve function of those organs which will be largely noticed by reduced pain and bloating after eating fatty or fried foods or consuming alcohol. Also, a congested liver leads often to unexplained and significant irritability. Clearing out the congestion from toxic load will greatly reduce these issues.
What to expect when you support your GI system:
- Better quality sleep
- Less mood swings, anxiety, depression, irritability
- More energy
- Better metabolism
- Less bloating
- Better focus (less brain fog)
AS ALWAYS: If you plan to start new supplements discuss it with your physician first!
Resources & References:
This is the purpose of our wellness hub, to arm you with the information and tools you need to make healthier decisions on the day to day, and reduce your risks factors for all things that pose threats. Grab your passporttoday and search for the one habit you are going to swap out TODAY.
Do you want specific guidance and encouragement? Click on our consult page for a detailed plan customized to your risk and needs. I will look at the big pictures and help you create the habits that work for you and produce lifelong health and abundance.
Where will you start?
PLEASE help me spread the word by forwarding your newsletter, commenting on our social media, tagging a friend or family member, or sharing our posts. This is how we create a safer, healthier, and more abundant community. #grassrootsmovement #spoiledlife #wellnesshub #healthychoices (tag me in your healthy choices @spoiledlife4u)
NEXT WEEK: Brain Health!!
If this article speaks to you it would mean the world to us if you would leave a review on our FB page, comment or share our posts, or forward this email to a friend! We rely on word of mouth and referrals to continue to research and bring you great content and products (without the advertisements)
Have you thought about creating a regimen that would keep your family healthy, and empower you to live healthy and well no matter what is thrown at us? Through difficult times often comes beautiful things. My hope is that many of you will create healthy and useful habits that will last a lifetime and generations! To start today check out our new "wellness box" recommendations or click our consult button today! $50 per e-consult, $150 for telephone or FT, and $200 in person. Through the end of June new passport holders (website members) can receive $50 off their personal consultation and plan.
In love and health,
Amber N Osborne, CRNA, APRN, MSN
A promise from me:
Our bodies will have a successful immune response when exposed if we create the right environment and give it the right tools!
YOU HAVE MY WORD: when you initiate the protocols in your life your WILL SEE THE DIFFERENCE! At $1/day it is the best money you can spend on your health and. home. 60 days of following our protocols WILL have lasting effects on your well-being and longevity! Check out our latest articles, protocols, and follow us on social media platforms and YouTube for announcements, give aways, and encouragement. #itmatters #healthychoices #wellness-hub
Well care is a grassroots movement that will results in healthier communities, more abundant lives, and more fulfilling relationships so
SHARE SHARE SHARE....Tag them in my media posts, forward this email, share the website... JUST SHARE. Fill your mind and body with hope, strength, and courage and spread it!
PS...Our protocols are designed to help you create healthy habits (such as sleep), address acute needs safely, simply, and affordably at home, and have more consistent wellness. So don't miss out. Start today with one of these suggestions for a better tomorrow!
#compoundeffect #onestepatatime #keepstepping #wellnesswithin #wellnesshub #spoiledlife
… Young Living is still the best deal going for easy swaps for a healthier home, skin and beauty, and personal care. They even added the highest grade CBD to the mix, AND you can get it through their rewards program making it 20% more affordable! THAT IS INSANE Grab a premium kit or basic kit and have full wholesale access to additional products for a full year!
As always, ordering through my links supports the research and content, but also gives you complete and free access to our passport with ALL resources included.
Click a Pillar to discover simple lifestyle habits that create lasting effects.
Discover simple swaps for a healthier and happier home.
We are what we eat! Take advantage of our shopping lists, pantry swaps, recipes and more.
Creating healthy habits and having tips in your pocket will help you live more abundantly.
Grab your Wellness Passport to realize your full potential!