The Choice is Yours
Have you ever woken up and found yourself "on the wrong side of the bed" or maybe you are in a tough season of life and it feels like all odds are against you?
Maybe you have everything to be thankful for, but just can't seem to shake that long to do or wish list?
I have found myself in all of these places. What I have learned through tragedy has stuck with me through the day to day. When I wake up and go to bed each day I have a choice. No matter how glum, stressful, sad, or amazing the day in front of me looks I can choose what I focus on. I can choose to be thankful for the things are going right and the people that love me and the blessings I can experience.
After hurricane Irma I established a gratitude practice, mostly because I was so overwhelmed it gave me something to focus on. Each morning I review a verse, say my prayers, and then I state (out loud or on paper) at least 5 gratitudes. My perception from that point forward is drastically different and impacts how I interact with others, view opportunities or challenges, and feel throughout the day.
The cool thing for us nerds? Science backs up my "feelings"! Imaging studies and blood work shoes that practicing gratitude changes your pathways that light up and respond quickest.
- Find a quiet minute in the morning without distractions.
- Sit still or meditate for a few minutes. (This is optional, but makes gratitude easier)
- Grab a journal or state out loud 5 gratitudes.
- Realize EVERYONE has SOMETHING to be grateful for you just have to choose that over your struggles.
- If you are blank, try my 4x4 breathing and some of the oils below.
- Gratitudes can be ANYTHING. Just get started. (family, friends, a safe home, a job, kids, spouses, objects you were given or able to purchase, trips you can go on, health, physical ability, ability to self care, pets, influencers, mentors, church, social group, etc.......)
- * Release - supports liver and allows you to "release" pent up emotions.
- * Stress Away - calms your sympathetic nervous system and allows for focus.
- * Valor - provides confidence for facing the day, your struggles, and choosing joy
- * Believe, Awaken, or Gratitude EO blends - open mind to positive surroundings and opportunities
TRY IT WITH ME NOW!
TODAY I HEAD INTO THANKSGIVING FEELING TREMENDOUSLY BLESSED AND THANKFUL FOR:
1. So much family that we love that it is hard to leave some for others.
2. Health, or improving health, of most family members right now.
3. A great dog, and amazing people to love on him while we are gone.
4. A beautiful, safe place to call home where we can explore and adventure and bond.
5. Great jobs and endless opportunities ahead!
6. YOU. I am so very thankful that you have chosen to give me a listen, give me your time, give me your ideas, share your successes and your struggles. You have pushed me to grow, challenged me in knew ways, and inspire me. With you we are changing the way people look at and value wellness, #wellcare. With your help we are reaching thousands and growing! So thank you for taking a moment to read, watch, listen, and share!
AS A TOKEN OF OUR APPRECIATION WE HAVE CREATED A CODE GOOD FOR 50% THROUGH DECEMBER FOR YOU TO GIFT TO SOMEONE YOU APPRECIATE! CODE: SLThanksYou
If you are not already getting these items at wholesale, click my link in favorite swaps! Whether you snag the best deal in the premium kit or you jump on board with the basic and get just what YOU need both give you wholesale pricing on my favorite wellness products. *No requirement to buy or sell ever. Just great products at great prices!