When life hands you super sour lemons how do you respond?
Trauma is described as an exceptionally disturbing event; and can be due to repeated negative experiences (hospitalizations, illnesses, abuse, etc..), acute loss of a loved one, a birth that didn’t go as planned, a natural disaster, sudden change in home/security, or any event that leaves you feeling powerless and defeated. Experiencing a trauma (physical or emotional) impacts us in every way, and everyone's trauma is different. The experience is different, our support network is different, our perceptions and reactions are different.
What I experienced escaping the wildfires was very different than our loss from Irma. If you want to hear more about my personal experience with trauma and my story head to the website for Joy Story.
Symptoms you may experience after a trauma include increased heart rate or palpitations, chest tightness, increased blood pressure and blood sugars, anger, rage, agitation, increased startle reflex (jumpiness).
Unaddressed trauma can lead to chronic physical problems such as compromised immunity, aches and pains, depression and anxiety, addition, numbness, chronic fatigue.
Despite the type of trauma experienced, physical implications are real. This is due to increased release of our bodies fight or flight hormones such as cortisol, corticosteroids, and leptin. Our sympathetic system (fight or flight) is always on and our parasympathetic (rest and digest - and recover) system doesn’t get a chance to work.
We may not even value or recognize the trauma we experience. Unfortunately, many people these days are insecure, scared, and alone when dealing with these experiences. Unaddressed trauma can also lead to negative behavioral and emotional pathways that become chronic after 6 weeks. After 6 weeks additional work is needed to “reset” those pathways.
Following are the tools I utilize to support my body and work through it. Remember, trauma often changes us. We don't get to "get over it" and be the person we were before. Rather, our goal is that we move through the experience and it ultimately makes us stronger, more empathetic, and more true to self rather than causing us to withdraw and be numb. As always you can find this "protocol" (just my word for a generalized health plan) in our library under "protocols". Just log in here. Catch our full video with explanations on our IGTV or FB page and feel free to drop you questions below or in a message!
- Deep breathing practice: 4x4x4 breathing stimulates the limbic system and resets/ reduces the stress hormones.
- Complete every morning while praying/meditating, every evening before bed, and as needed during the day.
- Drop Valor, Release, or Believe in your hand and cup over nose and mouth prior to each breath.
- Gratitude Practice (can start when stabilized, but see my video as to how this changed everything for me after we lost all worlds things due to Hurricane Irma)
- List (out loud or on paper) 3-5 gratitudes which are things, character strengths, people, or places you are thankful for.
- Complete every morning to reset perception and improve how you interact with others and challenges.
- Utilize as needed throughout day to shift mindset and thought processes. I use this with my kids when they whine or complain and still practice this daily.
- Immune Support: Trauma taxes our immune systems tremendously. Support it. See my video or protocol on the hub (website) for more information.
- Ningxia is a favorite and has kept me healthy through years of difficulty. Power packed with multiple types of antioxidants, including clove, it will help deter the negative affects of stress. Take daily.
- Aminowise is an excellent choice also as it contains, zinc, trace minerals, antioxidants, and amino acids.
- Short term Vitamin D, Vitamin C, and Immupro are powerhouses for our bodies, helping to promote good cellular function at times of increased need.
- Oil Support:
- Valor on jaw line and wrists twice a day and as needed for grounding and surety.
- Joy or Believe diffused or dropped on wrists and rubbed over heart.
- Stress Away daily on wrists and chest/neck.
- Bedtime: Trauma Life or Rutavala or T-Away on back of neck at least every night before bed. Valor on jaw line. Believe, Lavender, and Joy or Orange in diffuser.
- As needed: Peace and calming throughout day and before bed as needed to calm anxieties and encourage deep breathing.
6 weeks after trauma: If trauma persists or has gone unaddressed complete the above suggestions PLUS:
- Rub release over liver and add a drop to whatever diffuser combination you are running.
- Consider EFT (tapping) to reset emotional responses to stimuli or difficult situations.
- Consider AFT with a therapist to help you move THROUGH and PROCESS the emotions, opening your mind to knew perspectives and processes and releasing the stress from your body.
- Physical release: trauma takes a physical toll on our bodies. Consider yoga, pilates, chiropractic care, Rolfing to help realign your body, improve blood flow and waste elimination, decrease any pains and discomforts, and improve awareness.
- Supplements: Chronic release of stress hormones can deplete our endocrine and adrenal systems. (Or up regulate them)
- If you have trouble getting up, feel fatigued constantly, struggle to find the joy and energy try Powergize every night for 2-4 weeks.
- If you have faster heart beats, are jumpy, and have a racing mind consider cortistop for 2 weeks or less.
Consistent use of the essential oils and incorporation of these healthy habits will reset the pathways your body learns and will allow your nervous, immune, endocrine systems to function normally again and you to feel like your best self again.
What to expect when you support intentionally work through a traumatic situation:
- Better quality sleep
- Less mood swings, anxiety, depression, irritability, and overwhelming fatigue
- Improved mindset and ability approach to challenges, difficult people, and opportunity.
- More functional and productive days
AS ALWAYS: If you plan to start new supplements discuss it with your physician first!
Resources & References:
This is the purpose of our wellness hub, to arm you with the information and tools you need to make healthier decisions on the day to day, and reduce your risks factors for all things that pose threats. Grab your passporttoday and search for the one habit you are going to swap out TODAY.
Do you want specific guidance and encouragement? Click on our consult page for a detailed plan customized to your risk and needs. I will look at the big pictures and help you create the habits that work for you and produce lifelong health and abundance.
Where will you start?
PLEASE help me spread the word by forwarding your newsletter, commenting on our social media, tagging a friend or family member, or sharing our posts. This is how we create a safer, healthier, and more abundant community. #grassrootsmovement #spoiledlife #wellnesshub #healthychoices (tag me in your healthy choices @spoiledlife4u)
NEXT WEEK: Brain Health!!
If this article speaks to you it would mean the world to us if you would leave a review on our FB page, comment or share our posts, or forward this email to a friend! We rely on word of mouth and referrals to continue to research and bring you great content and products (without the advertisements)
Have you thought about creating a regimen that would keep your family healthy, and empower you to live healthy and well no matter what is thrown at us? Through difficult times often comes beautiful things. My hope is that many of you will create healthy and useful habits that will last a lifetime and generations! To start today check out our new "wellness box" recommendations or click our consult button today! $50 per e-consult, $150 for telephone or FT, and $200 in person. Through the end of June new passport holders (website members) can receive $50 off their personal consultation and plan.
In love and health,
Amber N Osborne, CRNA, APRN, MSN
A promise from me:
Our bodies will have a successful immune response when exposed if we create the right environment and give it the right tools!
YOU HAVE MY WORD: when you initiate the protocols in your life your WILL SEE THE DIFFERENCE! At $1/day it is the best money you can spend on your health and. home. 60 days of following our protocols WILL have lasting effects on your well-being and longevity! Check out our latest articles, protocols, and follow us on social media platforms and YouTube for announcements, give aways, and encouragement. #itmatters #healthychoices #wellness-hub
Well care is a grassroots movement that will results in healthier communities, more abundant lives, and more fulfilling relationships so
SHARE SHARE SHARE....Tag them in my media posts, forward this email, share the website... JUST SHARE. Fill your mind and body with hope, strength, and courage and spread it!
PS...Our protocols are designed to help you create healthy habits (such as sleep), address acute needs safely, simply, and affordably at home, and have more consistent wellness. So don't miss out. Start today with one of these suggestions for a better tomorrow!
#compoundeffect #onestepatatime #keepstepping #wellnesswithin #wellnesshub #spoiledlife
… Young Living is still the best deal going for easy swaps for a healthier home, skin and beauty, and personal care. They even added the highest grade CBD to the mix, AND you can get it through their rewards program making it 20% more affordable! THAT IS INSANE Grab a premium kit or basic kit and have full wholesale access to additional products for a full year!
As always, ordering through my links supports the research and content, but also gives you complete and free access to our passport with ALL resources included.
Click a Pillar to discover simple lifestyle habits that create lasting effects.
Discover simple swaps for a healthier and happier home.
We are what we eat! Take advantage of our shopping lists, pantry swaps, recipes and more.
Creating healthy habits and having tips in your pocket will help you live more abundantly.
Grab your Wellness Passport to realize your full potential!